Curtis Jeré Wall Sculpture
A gilt copper mixed metal wall sculpture of a conservatory building with benches, lamp posts, and architectural embellishments, by Curtis Jeré (American, 1910-2008), signed on the upper right side, “© c jere”, American, 34 ins. high 68 ins. wide.
Curtis Jeré was a metalwork company founded by Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels in 1963. The firm was primarily known for mixed-metal sculptures, many of them wall ornaments, with a mid-century modern aesthetic. The company’s wares were marketed and sold by Artisan House, a California-based outfit.